Activity Day offers the opportunity to expose students to the diverse opportunities
available for becoming involved with student organizations. All organizations participating
in Activity Day
will be given space for the purposes of providing the campus community with information
concerning the group's purpose and recruiting new members.
- Organizations must be registered and active in UofIConnections (formerly
known as CollegiateLink) before applying for the RSO Fair. Being active
includes, but not limited to as having a positive account, an updated roster & not
owing money as well as any other policies outlined in the handbook. (http://union.illinois.edu/UofIConnections)
- Submitting an application does not guarantee a spot at Activity Day; space
is granted on a first come-first serve basis pending the organization is registered
and in good financial standing (no outstanding or delinquent financial obligations).
- Organizations must submit the online Activity Day application along with a $5
non-refundable fee (credit/debit card or RSO account) at the time of submission.
- Applications will be accepted beginning
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:00 AM. Applications are processed
on a first-come, first-serve basis, once all of the available spaces are full, no
further applications will be accepted.
- Organizations may check in at the Activity Day Information Booth (located in the
Illini Union South Lounge – adjacent to the Illini Union Illini Rooms – the site
of Activity Day) starting at 9:30 am, and must be present at their booths by 10:30
am on the day of the event. Organizations who have not done so will forfeit their
- The waitlist will only be available on
the day of the event with sign-ups starting at 10:00 am. Beginning at 10:45 am forfeited
booths will be opened up to organizations signed up on the first-come first-serve
waitlist. Organizations MUST be present to occupy the booth space.
- All exhibits will remain in their designated area during Activity Day. Each organization
is permitted only one space. You may not have a display that encroaches upon another
organization’s area or into traffic areas —any such displays will be taken down
- Organizations are not allowed to solicit or exchange any funds or sell items of
any kind. No food or beverages can be distributed, except for candy. No music
is permitted from organization booths during Activity Day.
- Organizations are restricted to no more than 4 (four) members of their organization
present at any given time at the booth. This is to reduce the amount of traffic
caused by too many members present from an organization blocking the paths for interested
students to browse the booths. Organizational representatives must remain behind
the tables. They may not place themselves in the flow of traffic to pass out information
or for any other purpose. Organizations in violation of this policy will
forfeit their right to participate in Activity Day.
- Wall partitions will be behind all booths. These partitions will be located behind
the table and will allow participants to display materials about their RSO. You
must provide your own supplies such as tape, push pins, scissors, pens, etc. If
your RSO requests electricity per the Activity Day application, every effort will
be made to provide electrical outlets to the assigned booth, but cannot be guaranteed.
- Failure to comply with any part of this contract or the Activity Day Rules and
Procedures can result in the withdrawal of all rights to participate in this or
future Activity Day programs.
For further information regarding Activity Day, please contact email@example.com, (217) 244-2357, Illini Union 284 http://union.illinois.edu/rso
- Only groups that are also registered for a space at Activity Day are eligible for a performance time.
Applications must be submitted with a $5 deposit, payable by credit card or with a RSO account with a positive balance. Organizations that complete their performance will be refunded their deposit. Performances can be cancelled with a refund of the deposit only before January 14th, 2015.
- The assigned contact will be the only member of your organization who will receive Activity Day correspondence via email. This person must be someone who will be in attendance at Activity Day.
An online application must be submitted with a $5 non-refundable fee (online payment
only, credit card or RSO account). Activity Day participation is restricted to Registered
Student Organizations only.
Applications will be accepted beginning
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:00 AM.