The RSO Involvement Fair is an Organization Fair that offers the opportunity to expose students to the diverse opportunities
available for becoming involved with student organizations. All organizations participating
in the RSO Involvement Fair
will be given space for the purposes of providing the campus community with information
concerning the group's purpose and recruiting new members.
For further information regarding the RSO Involvement Fair, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, (217) 244-2357, Illini Union 284 https://union.illinois.edu/rso
- Organizations must be registered and active in UofIConnections
before applying for the RSO Involvement Fair. Being active
includes, but not limited to as having a positive account, an updated roster that includes the
President, Treasurer, and the 3 Authorized Agents labeled #1, #2, & #3 & no
outstanding or delinquent financial obligations, conduct concerns, or frozen account
as well as any other policies outlined in the handbook. (https://union.illinois.edu/UofIConnections)
- Organizations MUST use the EXACT name that is listed in UofI-Connections or will
NOT be considered registered for the fair. Duplicate registrations are not refundable.
- Submitting an application DOES NOT guarantee a spot at the RSO Involvement Fair; space
is granted on a first come-first serve basis pending the organization is registered
and in both good financial & behavioral standing (no outstanding or delinquent
financial obligations, conduct concerns, or frozen account).
- Organizations must submit the online RSO Involvement Fair application along with a $5
non-refundable fee (credit/debit card or RSO account) at the time of submission.
- Applications will be accepted beginning
Monday, November 04, 2019 12:00 PM. Applications are processed
on a first-come, first-serve basis, once all of the available spaces are full, no
further applications will be accepted.
- Organizations may check in at the RSO Involvement Fair Information Booth (located in the
Illini Union West Side Corridor – directly by Illini Room A - the site of the RSO Involvement Fair)
starting at 9:30 am, and must be present at their booths by 10:30
am on the day of the event. Organizations who have not done so will forfeit their
- Plesae return the table number to the registration table before setting up your display.
- The waitlist will only be available on
the day of the event with sign-ups starting at 10:00 am. Beginning at 10:45 am forfeited
booths will be opened up to organizations signed up on the first-come first-serve
waitlist. Organizations MUST be present to occupy the booth space.
- Once a space has been identified for waitlisted organizations, the organization will report to the Office of Registered Organizations for verification (ie., registration in UofIConnection and that the organization
is in good standing both financial and behavioral). Next the organization must pay the $5 fee. The receipt must be shown to the registration table to be assigned a booth.
- All exhibits MUST remain in their designated area during the RSO Involvement Fair.
Each organization is permitted only one space. You may not have a display that encroaches
upon another organization’s area or into traffic areas —any such displays will be taken down
- Organizations are not allowed to solicit or exchange any funds or sell items of
any kind. Only individually wrapped food items may be distributed. Any organization offering community bowl food items will be asked to leave the fair. No music
is permitted from organization booths during the RSO Involvement Fair.
- Organizations are restricted to no more than 4 (four) members of their organization
present at any given time at the booth. This is to reduce the amount of traffic
caused by too many members present from an organization blocking the paths for interested
students to browse the booths. Organizational representatives must remain behind
the tables. They may not place themselves in the flow of traffic to pass out information
or for any other purpose. Organizations in violation of this policy will
forfeit their right to participate in the RSO Involvement Fair.
- Organizations must have a representative at the booth during the fair. Unattended displays will be removed and discarded, the organization will not be allowed to participate for the
remainder of the fair. A 10 minute grace period will be allotted for representatives to change shifts between classes. Organziations are free to leave at any time, but they MUST remove all items from their table.
- Wall partitions will be behind all booths. These partitions will be located behind
the table and will allow participants to display materials about their RSO. You
must provide your own supplies such as tape, push pins, scissors, pens, etc. There will be NO
electricity provided, so please plan accordingly.
- Failure to comply with any part of this contract or the RSO Involvement Fair Rules and
Procedures can result in the withdrawal of all rights to participate in this or
future RSO Involvement Fair programs.
- No sub groups of RSOs including, but limited to (RSO A, B & C or RSO 1, 2 & 3) will be permitted to have their own table and as part of an RSO, MUST share the same space within the guidelines of the fair.
- Each organization should complete an involvement Fair evaluation and submit it to the registration table before they leave the fair.
An online application must be submitted with a $5 non-refundable fee (online payment
only, credit card or RSO account). The RSO Involvement Fair participation is restricted to Registered
Student Organizations only.
Applications will be accepted beginning
Monday, November 04, 2019 12:00 PM.